Friday, July 27, 2012

The Daring Bakers go Crackers!


A very short and sweet post this month, but I am supposed to start packing for the plane that leaves in 12 hours to take me home. I am/was away in gorgeous Halifax, so I only got one cracker made instead of 2, but it was delicious. I made a twice baked whole wheat cracker with figs, pecans, rosemary and pumpkin seeds. I sort of followed this link, but used different fruit and flour. That's what I call following a recipe. They were delicious with blue cheese and I'll be making more as soon as it's cool enough to turn the oven on again.
The colourful buildings of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Thanks Dana for a great challenge!
Blog-checking lines: Our July 2012 Daring Bakers’ Host was Dana McFarland and she challenged us to make homemade crackers! Dana showed us some techniques for making crackers and encouraged to use our creativity to make each cracker our own by using ingredients we love.

18 comments:

Bourbonnatrix said...

figs and pecans must have made a delicious cracker! i've only been on the east coast once (st-john's), but really enjoyed my trip! how did u like it?

Tugs Girl said...

Your crackers are beautifu and sound delicious! I'm imagining those crackers with bleu cheese and a glass of red wine. What a happy thought.

Valerie Gamine said...

I love your version of following a recipe. :D The cookies and blue cheese look perfect together!

Have a safe trip home!

INMA said...

Your crackers look amazing, I just want one of them, yummi, as always incredible job.

Anonymous said...

Figs. pumpkin seeds and pecans in a cracker...wow! I always knew you were creative..but it still blows my mind. They look awesome, Mary! Welcome home!

Suz said...

What a catalogue of yum - figs, pecans, pumpkin seeds. I've got to try these out. They look stunning!

What's for dessert? said...

Delicious crackers!

Korena said...

I've used that same recipe to make a similar cracker several times now and MAN ARE THEY EVER GOOD. I will have to try them with figs next! Great looking crackers! I hope you enjoyed your time in Halifax - I'd love to visit there someday.

juliana alonso dorola said...

yummy crackers! happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

I don't know which looks better, those delicious crackers or that gorgeous piece of cheese! And I must tell you that while I have never been there, Lunenburg is a place we are seriously thing of moving to in 5 years (really)

Unknown said...

What a delicious combination, Mary!

shelley c. said...

Oh my gosh, I can only imagine how tasty those crackers were, with that selection of flavors. Really wonderful. I hope you had a safe trip home! :)

Anonymous said...

Short and sweet indeed! These look fab, I could polish off a whole plate of them, I'm sure.

A Canadian Foodie said...

I am late posting mine... But made 4 different kinds. Could get NONE to go through the pasta machine, though tried it with every one of them. These look yummy!
:)
V

Anonymous said...

Cracker meets biscotti..sounds amazing!
I love the flavors in this..will have to try it soon because I have some figs that I need to use up

A Canadian Foodie said...

I had no idea you have not been blogging for 6 months! Mary, are you OK?
Sincerely caring,
Valerie

1GoodLife4All said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maai man said...

best kitchen guide and diy tips station https://www.shekitchen.com